x

Setting up a business account with no SSN

Need help setting up a business account for a non profit but don’t want to use my social security number

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

someone will have to use their information to set it up.  you tie the TIN and other business information to it also so the taxes are tied to the business, not the SSN.  A SSN is required to prove who is setting up the account due to the PATRIOT ACT.

Message 2 of 6

I tried to set up the tax portion had to use my real name and ssn instead of the business name, it said the infoirmation  was not accurate according to irs records?    poss   problem   i set up my business licens last week im thinking it has not been aded to the data base.    Any one else run in to this  ??

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Hi @lladnek! This Support Center article has some troubleshooting steps that should help if you're still having trouble updating this information. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 6

I'm new to the square point reader and I don't own a bank account at all but I do have a netspend small business Mastercard card.  Can I use the netspend small business Mastercard card  for the square point ricard reader 

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

Message 6 of 6