x
Admin

Setting up your Square Stand: FAQs

ph201120A_QsrCafe_28579_02_TB_SIMP_UK.jpg

Updated 11 July 2022 to include information about the new Square Stand.

Square Stand is a great counter-top option and can be used in all different settings, from retail to cafes and restaurants. In this post, we’ll be sharing some common questions and answers about Square Stand and how you can set it up to work for your business. If you have any questions, let us know in the comment below!

Can I use an Android tablet with the Square Stand? 

Square Stand isn’t currently compatible with Android devices. If you are looking for a mount or stand for your Android tablet, you can purchase the Heckler @Rest Universal Stand from our Square Shop or take a look at the Square section of Storekit.com for additional hardware options!

What about an iPad mini - can I use that with the Square Stand?

iPad minis are not compatible with the Square Stand. Here’s a full list of iPads that will work with the Square Stand

What other hardware do I need to get started?

With the Square Stand, you can connect the following hardware depending on your needs and how you’d like your till setup to look. You can add a:

You can find all of our supported hardware here. If you have any questions about a particular model, feel free to reply below!

How can I set up my Square Stand? 

Here’s a step-by-step guide on setting up your Square Stand kit. Before you get started, make sure that you have some kind of Internet connection (either WiFi or a mobile data plan will do).

How do I take payments with the Square Stand?

You can use the built-in card reader to take chip & pin or contactless payments (including Apple Pay and Google Pay), or swipe the card to process payments. 

Alternatively, you can connect your Terminal to your Square Stand wirelessly to take payments. 

What apps can I use with the Square Stand?

In addition to the standard Square Point of Sale app, you can run Square for Retail, Square for Restaurant and other Point of Sales apps

Setting up your Stand for Square for Retail? Read more here.

Setting up your Stand for Square for Restaurant? Read more here

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 1
Report Inappropriate Content
0 REPLIES 0