x

Setup guide - how to complete?

My setup guide is stuck at 2 steps that won't complete. 

1 - they want me to add payment info for subscription services. I've done that. They're telling me I still need to complete that step, but I already have. 

2 - they're insisting that I import an inventory. But, I don't have an inventory to import. I'll add items as I need to.

I'm stuck at 89% complete and these are the only two steps left. So, how do I complete these steps so that I can get my reader mailed out??

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

HI, those steps are just a guide to help setup your store.  Just ignore.  They do not hinder your store in any way.

Hope this helps.
TERRI
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

I too was annoyed at having that ever present complete setup message in our dashboard!  We had everything complete except for the Import Library.  We've already built our library by entering items directly in the dashboard and we've been in business 2 years.  I finally decided to get rid of the message.  I simply exported our library, made a copy just in case things went off the rails, deleted all but the header and one data row, imported using the 'Modify Item Library' option and got my congratulatory message about completing the setup.  

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

@flyingsmiles ;

I never fully completed mine to get the Free reader, this might be something new.

As for having a Linked Bank account or Payment info, this is required to have your earnings from processing Credit Cards deposited to your account or if you use Square for paid services like Square Payroll or other optional subscription services.  I see this step you say you completed, but still says incomplete.   I would check your Deposit records because I believe I had to verify this by entering the amount deposited to my bank and with drawn from my account.   It was a few cents.

You should not have to Import an Inventory, but create an item and call it Test.

If you have are still having problems I would suggest calling Square support.

Square Support number 1-855-700-6000 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 4