x

Simple item stock report

Is there an option in Square to generate a daily report to show me what I have in stock on a daily basis? I currently have to manually look at my items list and write down the available stock of each individual item. I would love to have a report that will generate automatically for me to show me what I have left in stock for my items either at the end of the day or first thing in the morning before I open my restaurant. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

Hello EmpanadaNoshery,

I'm not sure if you can do what you have in mind automatically however, you can manually create (export) a file that will show your what you have in stock.   I was able to this easily for my items via the following steps:

Login to your Square Account Dashboard:

Export Your Item Library
  1. Select Items & Orders > Items in your online Square Dashboard.
  2. Click Actions > Export.
  3. Choose to download and Excel or CSV file > Export.

Probably not what you have in mind but, it does work (at least for my needs).

Message 2 of 5

Thank you @JK_Fiber_Art , this does work at least until something a little more automated comes along. 

Message 3 of 5
Square Champion

@EmpanadaNoshery ;

As I see this was your 1st post let me welcome you to the community.

Now as with what @JK_Fiber_Art , said you can download your entire square catalog as a csv.  This will give you the Item and a bunch of other columns you do not need.   You would need to open the csv with Excel orGoogle sheets or another program that views CSV's as a spreedsheet.  I mention Google Sheets and Excel since those are the 2 I use mostly.  With both of these in the Top ribbon bar you can choose Insert, and then select as a Pivot table.  creating a Pivot table you can just see the Item and Quantities and can filter by Category, variation, or vendor to find just certain items quickly.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the suggestion, @Candlestore

Message 5 of 5