x

Smartphones vs Tablets

Hi, I'm a new user. I just wanna know, are there any differences of the app view between Android smartphones and tablets?

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@zhirazzi The point of sale app is essentially the same on android, iOS, phones, & tablets.  There are minor differences between android and iOS and little bit bigger differences between the mobile (phone) and tablet version of the POS.  The item grid is one big difference.  On the mobile app you have a tab for "Favorites" which is a 2 column item grid you can set up.  If you use saved tickets it is in a different spot in the checkout flow compared to it being right beside the charge button on a tablet.

TL:DR  The tablet version is a little easier and quicker to use with retail/food checkout type operation, but the mobile version of the app is just as functional and has the same settings and features.

The biggest area where you will run into something is square for restaurants won't work on phones currently.  There is a table side mobile version for a specific piece of mobile hardware.  The square terminal also is fully functional mobile pos just like the phone app except an all in one device without cellular.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content