x

Square Payroll Taxes direct deposit only?

Does Payroll taxes have to be paid with direct deposit ?  or is there an option for paying manually?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller

With automated services like payroll, it is done payroll and tax withdrawals automatically.

Message 2 of 6

There is an option to manually write checks to employees correct? I am just asking if the payroll taxes have to be paid by the Square direct deposit ?

I currently pay mine through EFTPS online.  Can I continue to use that system or if I change to Square payroll does my federal taxes have to be deposited to IRS through Square.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Akleo

Taxes are withheld and debited from the linked bank account each time payroll is processed. The IRS and state agencies directly debit for their portion of the taxes.

Check out this article in our Support Center:

Square Payroll: Payroll Tax Summary

Message 4 of 6

Thanks.  I will more than likely pass on using square payroll then.  I would like the option of paying tax portion of payroll on my own like I do now.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for this feedback @Akleo and I'm sorry to hear Square Payroll doesn't work for you. 

I'm planning on sending this over to our Payroll team so they're aware of your interest in the option to do this. Would you mind touching on what it is you prefer about paying manually on your own? 

Message 6 of 6