x
Admin

[Square UK] What are Square’s card processing fees?

What are Square’s fees for businesses in the UK?

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 1 of 8
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Square’s per transaction fees for credit and debit card payments in the UK are as follows:

*Note: The higher fee for manually keyed-in transactions (2.5%) is due to a greater risk involved with these payments, as neither the card nor the cardholder need to be present for the payment to be processed. Learn more about Square’s fees.

Square’s fees are deducted before the funds are transferred to your linked bank account.

Learn about accepted cards and how to view your fees in our Support Centre.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Best Answer

Square’s per transaction fees for credit and debit card payments in the UK are as follows:

*Note: The higher fee for manually keyed-in transactions (2.5%) is due to a greater risk involved with these payments, as neither the card nor the cardholder need to be present for the payment to be processed. Learn more about Square’s fees.

Square’s fees are deducted before the funds are transferred to your linked bank account.

Learn about accepted cards and how to view your fees in our Support Centre.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 8

So, if Square say they charge 1.9% fees for European Cards online, does that mean the UK, or are we going to be classed as a 2.9% for Non-European Cards, now that we have left the EU?

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Hi @manymanybargain, thanks for your post! UK is still considered an European country so the fee for UK cards will be 1.9%. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 4 of 8

Just an opinion, but I'd like Square even more if these card processing fees were reduced, even by 0.1% 😀

Cheers

Laurence Jones www.kidsnaturally.co.uk

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Welcome to the Seller Community @lrj and thank you for sharing this 👋

We're continually evaluating all options to help our sellers so I'll be sure to share you suggestion regarding the transaction fees to the appropriate team. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 6 of 8

Could you clarify the November changes, please? Am I looking at a 25p charge on each transaction, (card payment in person and online card payments?) 
Most of my transactions are only £1 to £5 so taking 25p off this would be pointless for me using square and I might as well go back to cash.

or have I miss read this?

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hi @SteveKing, thanks for your message. 

Happy to clarify here. Our In-Person payment rates (1.75%) are not affected by this change (i.ie tap/chip and pin).

Rates for processing online payments will change to 1.4% + 25p for transactions with UK cards and 2.5% + 25p for transactions with non-UK cards.

You can find more information about all of Square’s fees here. Let me know if there are any additional questions. 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 8 of 8