x

Square free website

Hello

I have just opened square free website to see how I go, I am selling engraving items with customers writing choice or photo, I need them to send this in a message with the order, is this possible with free plan, if not is it possible with any plan, much appreciate any advice 

thanks

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Daisey, welcome to the Seller Community!

You can add a text modifier to all your items so customers can leave a note of what they'd like to engrave. This is available to all Square Online sellers, regardless of their plan.

To create the modifier:

1. Go to your Item Library on your Square Online site
  2. Click into a particular item
  3. Scroll down to Modifiers > Manage modifiers

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.52.32.png

4. Create a new modifier

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.53.47.png

5. Select Typing text into a text box. You can increase the character limit and also make this a required field so customer will need to enter something before they can add the item to cart

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.54.16.png

At the moment, it isn't possible to give customers the option to upload a photo through the Square Online site yet. We're tracking the feature request here so I'll be sure to update the thread when I have more information!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Daisey, welcome to the Seller Community!

You can add a text modifier to all your items so customers can leave a note of what they'd like to engrave. This is available to all Square Online sellers, regardless of their plan.

To create the modifier:

1. Go to your Item Library on your Square Online site
  2. Click into a particular item
  3. Scroll down to Modifiers > Manage modifiers

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.52.32.png

4. Create a new modifier

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.53.47.png

5. Select Typing text into a text box. You can increase the character limit and also make this a required field so customer will need to enter something before they can add the item to cart

Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 09.54.16.png

At the moment, it isn't possible to give customers the option to upload a photo through the Square Online site yet. We're tracking the feature request here so I'll be sure to update the thread when I have more information!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2