x

Square in store

I can see how square works with online orders and shipping charges. However, if I have a real shop and use the Square card reader to take orders, can I change the shipping cost to zero for that order (no matter how much the order is)?

Thanks

Alan

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 11
Report Inappropriate Content
10 REPLIES 10
Super Seller

If selling in person you are selling from the square POS app meaning that shipping is then not applied where as if sold on site shipping will need to be applied, connect the reader to POS and you should be on your way! reply if you need any help...

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 2 of 11
Super Seller

@alansh, Like Matt says - it's almost worth thinking of them as two different things that talk to each other. 

They can sync things like items, descriptions & stock levels etc. but for the actual sales handling they'll work in their own way with their own settings. 

Might also be worth turning on the 'collect in store' option with the current situation. Works really well & means no shipping cost for the customer, but you've already got the sale (& all paid up) before they even walk through the door. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 11

Yes, that might work. Let's see how my bulk upload issue gets addressed and I can take it from there.

The reason I want this is that we are selling Scout badges (each one less than £1) and someone may pop into the shop for 2 or 3 badges only. I can't add a delivery charge on for that.

Cheers

Alan

Message 4 of 11
Super Seller

Yes this should work but one thing I’d make note of is I think square can only take sales over £1 by card so you might want to think about adding a note about a minimum order fee and charging £1 unless purchased with other items I’ll look into how you could do that if you need any support 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 5 of 11

Thanks. Let me wait until my other issue is resolved before I tackle this one. [If I can't get bulk uploads into the web store, there's no point in going further]

cheers

Alan

Message 6 of 11
Super Seller

Alright well if you need anymore help once that’s been resolved make sure to contact me and I’ll always try to help 🙂

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 7 of 11

There's another issue. What happens if the customer wants to pay with cash or cheque? Can I still produce an invoice and have the stock inventory updated?

Alan

Message 8 of 11
Super Seller

Cash payments can be noted in square dashboard I think on the web 

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 9 of 11
Admin

Hi @alansh, you can definitely record cash payments or cheque payments like Matt said, either through your Square Dashboard or through your Square Point of Sale app. These transactions will still generate a receipt and deduct the items from stocks.

Tra
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 10 of 11

Thanks all,

I will see how it goes once it gets set up. It has to be easy for the shop personnel.

regards

Alan

Message 11 of 11