x
Beta Member

Square service description formatting

Hi there,

I'm new to square and using the appointments function to book different services which are delivered on-site at a customer's premesis. 

The service description seems to be very limited in it's scope. I cannot find a way to add any formatting or even line breaks to the description. Is there anyway to avoid having a giant unformatted wall of text for longer descriptions?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

Hi Schembri,

Agreed, a right text formatting option would be awesome for service descriptions. We’ve just used plain text ie hyphens in place of bullets or // to divide call outs / key messages when the text groups together in areas of Square for our business. We use our website to have more information about certain services and just push people to the booking tool from there. It’s not perfect, but does the trick. It also forces us to be more succinct in our messaging (which isn’t a bad thing, we all know no one reads anything properly these days anyway!). Less is more.

Proud Australian Square Super Seller and users of Square AppointmentsSquare POSSquare OnlineSquare ReaderSquare Stand

We use Square with integrations for Xero by AmakaPrintful / We have used Squarespace • Shopify • WooCommerce • QuickBooks and more!

Dieter Slicke is a boutique barber shop by appointment only with our own range of Australian made hair and skin care products
Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi @schembri,

Thank you for writing in and welcome to the seller community 👋 😊

While the text can't be formatted differently, @dieterslicke shared some great tips here! I'll go ahead and pass your feedback onto our Appointments team for consideration.

Message 3 of 5

What has the Appointments Team decided about this really easy coding fix?  Do Square customers pay enough to have paragraphs in service descriptions so they look professional for clients?

Square has one basic job: Automated Appointment Booking

Professional presentation of service descriptions is just about as basic as it gets.  Why hasn't this been done after Square customers have been asking for years?  What's the excuse?

Message 4 of 5

Yep... seriously?? c'mon - very basic feature that is needed!

Message 5 of 5