x

Square terminal - how good is it?

I think we are going to buy a square terminal for when we open our shop (we just do online orders at present). Does anyone else use one? How good is it? Is it easy for the shop assistant to use?

I've been testing with the square app on a tablet - is the terminal as good as that?

Thanks for any advice

Alan

Message 1 of 5
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

There are some differences using the terminal, but some of the key things to know:

+ Cheaper (compared to a reader & iPad/tablet)
+ Amazing battery life
+ 24/7 support contact number

+ Easy 'business' device. Not asking staff to use their own phones or using a tablet that can be used for facebooking 😂
+ Built in receipt printer (this can even be used for managing online orders too!)

- Smaller screen. If you've got products with really long names it can be a little hard to find/identify. (that said the search & favourites window is great)

- Connectivity, it still needs wifi but can't use any that have login portal (when a web page opens to log in - such as free wifi at hotels or venues).
- No bluetooth support, so any scanners need to be via the USB port & hub. That then means you've always got a cable coming out & it needs to stay plugged in. 

It's an amazing device that I'd highly recommend. If you pick it up directly from Square (this is an affiliate link) then you've covered by their 30 day returns that let you try it out & if it isn't quite right.

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @alansh,

Thanks for getting back in touch 🙂

If you've used the Square app on a tablet, or phone before, you'll likely find the Square Terminal easy to transition to 👍 It's portable, simple to use, and quite similar the the app you're already using. The Square Terminal also includes an inbuilt printer so it's easy to print receipts, and order tickets directly from the one device. I hope this helps, and hopefully some other sellers will share their experience here as well! 

Message 2 of 5

Thank you. That sounds great.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Best Answer

There are some differences using the terminal, but some of the key things to know:

+ Cheaper (compared to a reader & iPad/tablet)
+ Amazing battery life
+ 24/7 support contact number

+ Easy 'business' device. Not asking staff to use their own phones or using a tablet that can be used for facebooking 😂
+ Built in receipt printer (this can even be used for managing online orders too!)

- Smaller screen. If you've got products with really long names it can be a little hard to find/identify. (that said the search & favourites window is great)

- Connectivity, it still needs wifi but can't use any that have login portal (when a web page opens to log in - such as free wifi at hotels or venues).
- No bluetooth support, so any scanners need to be via the USB port & hub. That then means you've always got a cable coming out & it needs to stay plugged in. 

It's an amazing device that I'd highly recommend. If you pick it up directly from Square (this is an affiliate link) then you've covered by their 30 day returns that let you try it out & if it isn't quite right.

Pizza Is Chill

Message 4 of 5

Thank you. I have one on order.

Alan

Message 5 of 5