x

Square without the App

We are a GP surgery but looking to move away from cash and cheque.  I have received my Square device but note I need an app to be able to take payments is there any other way of taking payments.  We do not have company ipads or phones and I cannot imagine the staff would be willing to download it on there equipment. 

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

I use the terminal devices, they connect to wifi & can take payments and also print customer receipts as an all in one unit. 

Unfortunately they're a different price point to the simple reader that connects to a phone (£240 inc. vat) but a solid unit and cheaper than buying a tablet/device to go with the standard reader. 

A 2nd option (although far from ideal I guess...) is to use Squares online terminal, where you log into the dashboard and enter the card details & amount on there. NB. as this is classed as a 'card not present' transaction with manually entered details it's got a fee of 2.5% rather than the normal 1.75%

Pizza Is Chill

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

I use the terminal devices, they connect to wifi & can take payments and also print customer receipts as an all in one unit. 

Unfortunately they're a different price point to the simple reader that connects to a phone (£240 inc. vat) but a solid unit and cheaper than buying a tablet/device to go with the standard reader. 

A 2nd option (although far from ideal I guess...) is to use Squares online terminal, where you log into the dashboard and enter the card details & amount on there. NB. as this is classed as a 'card not present' transaction with manually entered details it's got a fee of 2.5% rather than the normal 1.75%

Pizza Is Chill

Message 2 of 2