x

Square won't activate my account

I keep entering my information (name, address, SSN, etc.) correctly, yet Square does not verify my identity and activate my account. I just turned 18 several weeks ago, would this affect Square's ability to verify my identity? What can I do so that I am able to process credit cards?

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Square Community Moderator

Hi @merebrown99

Sorry to hear your information wasn't able to be verified. 

Unfortunately we're not able to help much when it comes to this since we don't have access to the information that you enter. 

Because Square offers a limited number of application attempts and the decision is final, you'll need to have a business partner create the Square account with their information. 

Message 2 of 11

What in the world are you talking about?  Square has a good reputation.  This cannot be your real response.  It is unprecedented and unacceptable. 

Message 3 of 11

This is really a poor service and cannot believe it can happen in a company like Square. 

Message 4 of 11

I'm unable to publish my page because my identity can't be verified. Every time I click "Verify My Identity," it takes me back to my dashboard again and the pop-up to verify my identity comes up again. I've been trying to launch my site for days and I can't get past this. If I don't verify my identity, I can't accept payments.

Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Arod63 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! We are happy to have you join us here. Welcome! 

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding account verification. We would recommend walking through the steps listed in this helpful activation guide. They should be able to get you where you need to be.

If you exhaust those steps are we are still not able to verify your identity, we would recommend reaching out to another payment processor for your business.

Let me know if you have any questions! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 11

So many people saying the same thing; can't be verified to get an account going. Seriously, if I owned Square and saw so many people having this very same problem, it would be a very high priority for me to get this problem fixed. Out of all of the POS systems that I've been looking at for the last two weeks, yours is the ONLY one having this problem. But I see from the dates of the complaints this problem has been around for years. So what's the hold up in getting it fixed anyway? This is very poor business practice...is your CEO on a permanent vacation?

Message 7 of 11

Were you every able to fix the problem? it's so frustrating to not be able to accept payments! and how do I get another provider to accept payments? other than square?

Message 8 of 11

Hello, I can not verify my identity and therefore can not move forward setting up my website. I contacted support via email. The reply offered me a phone number and customer code. I called the number and a recording said my customer code was not valid. I am increasingly frustrated with this process. Is there anyone out there who has had a similar problem......if so what steps did you take to get it resolved? Thanks

Message 9 of 11

can't verify either. it keeps saying unable to verify . this sucks.

Message 10 of 11

Same here, tried a different email with a new account and still cannot identify my LLC business. I checked the state website to make sure my business name LLC Is active and all is well. Square gives no reason other than cannot verify my business. Very frustrating indeed.

Message 11 of 11