x

Stuck on finishing setting up

I have been trying to upload the minutes of our last meeting, which failed and I'm now stuck on that page.  The telephone contact doesn't work so what do I do now.

We have been waiting six months to be able to use the square and now this.  Not happy.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Hi @hanky,

Thanks for writing in and sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading your documents!

To troubleshoot a bit further, can you let us know which format the file you're uploading is, and which browser you're using? 

We recommend using a supported browser, such as Google Chrome, on a computer to upload your files. Also keep in mind that files need to be in a PDF, JPEG, JPG, TIFF or PNG file format and under 25mb in file size (each). You can also try refreshing the page you're on, and signing in and out of your account to refresh the page you're stuck on. 

You can reach our support team on 1800 760 137, from Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm Melbourne time. If there's a bit of a hold time, you can enter your number to receive a call back and you won't lose your spot in the queue.  

Message 2 of 8

I'm using a MacBook Pro with safari. And I will try your suggestion of refreshing as there isn't the possibility to sign out.

Message 3 of 8

I managed the install by resetting, thanks.  However now the square reader I have doesn't want to pair with my iPhone 8, I have downloaded the latest square app.

Message 4 of 8

When pairing the Square Reader with your phone, make sure you're pairing the reader through your app, rather than through your Bluetooth settings.

It's also worth checking that all necessary permissions are enabled from your phone's settings. Go into the Settings app on your iPhone and scroll down to the Square App and ensure Bluetooth, Mobile Data and Microphone are turned on.

Once you've done this, follow these steps to pair the reader:

1. Open the Square Point of Sale app.
  2. Tap MoreSettings.
  3. Tap on HardwareSquare Reader > Connect a Reader.
  4. Follow the on screen prompts.

Please let us know how you go!

Message 5 of 8

I'm all good now (I hope) just managed my first payment.  I do feel like a newbie even though I've played with computers since the IBM 360.  I eventually called the 1800 number and the lady walked me through and I' all good now.  we deleted the lot and started again and that did the trick, why didn't I think of that myself. 😊

Message 6 of 8

I have spent two days trying to get my square setup for a garage sale. I initially setup on my iPhone 14 including all my banking details but then wasn't able to pair with the square, so then I started again on the desktop app.

I still haven't been able to finalise the setup or see the credit card options in the list and now the desktop is instructing me to download the Square app? is there is lag in syncing between desktop and mobile?  Why can't I see the list of accepted credit cards? I had selected in person payment as this is a one day garage sale? Maybe I need to add online too?

Message 7 of 8

Hi there, @Jeffreytaylor, sorry to hear you've run into these issues in trying to set up your Square account.

I've taken a quick look at your Square account from my side and I can see you've been activated for card processing - which means you can start accepting payments!

It sounds like the main issue is with pairing your Square Reader to your device and confirming which payment types you have enabled on your Square app.

To take a look at payment types from your app, navigate to More > Settings > Checkout > Payment. You can then toggle ON/OFF the payment types you want to accept at your point of sale. In terms of viewing a list of accepted cards that work with Square, head here

Your iPhone 14 is certainly compatible with the Square Reader, so we can try a few troubleshooting steps the ensure you can pair it to your device:

1. Check if the app needs to be updated (if updates are needed, install and then reopen the app, if not close the app for now).

2. Check for software updates on your device and install them.

3. Reset your reader by pressing and holding the button on the side until you see four red lights flashing, then release the button. Set it aside.

4. Forget the reader from your Bluetooth devices list.

5. Open your Square app and navigate to More > Settings > Hardware > Square Reader.

6. If you see a reader listed on this page already, select it, and then select Forget This Reader. If you don't see a reader, continue to the next step.

7. Select Connect a Reader and follow the prompts on the screen.

8. If you still can't connect, try toggling your internet and Bluetooth off and then on again, and try again.

Let us know how you go after trying the above! 

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8