x

Trouble signing up for Square

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: IRAN

IRAN is not at Identification confirmation step, it's not fair.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Are you trying to signup to use Square in Iran?  unfortunately, Square isn't a fully global company yet and doesn't serve Iran yet.

Message 2 of 7

Dear Madam\Sir,

I'm in Australia and tried to register in Square to use it in Australia, but in last step for confirming my identification with passport, there is not my country name to do it.

Thanks,
Amin 
Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

I'll add the Australian Square support person to the conversation and hopefully, he can help you out.  @Seamus I don't know how the sign-up process works in Australia so if you could help out here.

Message 4 of 7

Dear Madam\Sir,

It is too simple. but as I told you , Iran is not at the list of countries which can confirm the identification, however, all countries names are on that list.
They just need to add IRAN to the list.

Thanks,
Amin
Message 5 of 7
Admin

Hey @AminHeidari,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble signing up to use Square.

You can read a little more about Square's Australian ID verification process here. The process attempts to verify your identity by providing the name, address and date of birth you submitted during sign-up to the Equifax Consumer Credit Bureau, who try to get matches for your information based on Australian credit history records as well as publicly available government databases.

You can read a few troubleshooting steps for this process at link above, as well as request a report from Equifax to check the personal information they have on file for you.

If you need further help with this process I recommend getting in touch with our support team on 1800 760 137.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 7

Dear @Seamus,

I have read that article, and even called to your support team, but I did not get any convincing answer, because there is no way to cutting any countries name from your list. As I'm in legal visa and living in Australia legaly.

If so, it is no fair.

Thanks,

Amin

Message 7 of 7