x

Two card readers on one terminal

Hi, I want to start a business with my sister. We would operate under the same roof, but accept our own individual payment for our services.

Can you use one terminal with two card readers linked to our own bank accounts?

Thanks 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey Slou,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community!

So I can better understand the situation and give you the correct advice, will the business operate under one ABN for tax purposes, or will you have seperate ABNs?

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

I have the same question. The businesses will be separate ABNs. Can you advise?

Message 3 of 4
Admin

Hey @Diesel09, welcome to the Community!

You'll need to create separate Square accounts to take payments for two businesses - each Square account can be linked to a single ABN for tax purposes.

You can use the same hardware though if you're taking payments at different times (eg Business A on Mondays, Business B on Tuesdays). Whichever account you're logged into on the Square app will be the one you're taking payments for. To switch between which business you take payments for, sign out of one account, then into the other.

If the scenario is two businesses in the same place taking payments at the same time, you'd want to consider getting more hardware so both businesses can be signed in and taking payments - it gets a little cumbersome logging in and out of the app if you need to do it every few minutes.

You won't be able to use two card readers at the same time connected to the same mobile device, as it's not the card readers that determine where the payments go - it's the account you're signed into on the app.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4