x

Underage and No Bank Account: Are There Options for Me to Use Square?

Hi there,

I'm interested in using Square for my business, but I'm currently underage and don't have my own bank account. Is there any way I can explore alternative options to set up an account? I'd appreciate your guidance on this matter.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Champion

Hi @oliki.  First, allow me to applaud your get-up-and-go mentality by being ready to get on with your life and start your own business!  Unfortunately, because Square is regulated by federal financial and card clearinghouse regulations, you can’t even open a Square account until you are 18. Paragraph 17 of the Square Terms of Service is clear on this point.

“You represent and warrant to us that: (a) you are at least eighteen (18) years of age;…”

Hopefully you don’t have long to wait until you are 18, then you can have both a Square and banking account!

I wish you well.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2