x

Unique Delivery Mode - Will Square Work?

Hello,

Our food store has switched to grocery delivery for the pandemic. It’s keep us alive financially and given us purpose to serve our community. We’re currently using a hacked system that does not work well. I cannot find a good description of what Squares ecommerce stores can do so am asking for help here.

We make and deliver local grocery baskets. Generally our items change weekly. Customers order 4 days ahead of their chosen delivery date based on that weeks options. Items are then harvested, made, baked, etc to order. We then deliver ourselves on our trucks. We currently coordinating deliveries using OnFleet.

We are not a retail store so we do not pull items from stock. If items are perishable we order what we have sold. If not perishable we keep a small stock (2 weeks) on hand.

We have had customers ask for subscriptions.

Is this model possible on a Square store?

Some requirements:

- we need ability to restrict the delivery area

- we need the ability to limit certain items to certain days (for example chocolate cake is only offered on Friday)

- we do not offer same day or immediate delivery, ordering for any given day closes 4 days ahead

- we need to be able to export our orders into routing software for our trucks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Unfortunately, it sounds like a Square website may not be a perfect fit - at least for the time being @Pickle_Sq.

- we need ability to restrict the delivery area
You definitely have options here! You can define your delivery area with a radius, by specific postal codes, or by locations you’ll deliver from.

- we need the ability to limit certain items to certain days
You can take advantage of our time-based categories feature to make this happen!

- we do not offer same day or immediate delivery, ordering for any given day closes 4 days ahead
This one is a tad trickier. It is possible to allow your customers to schedule a delivery, and they will be able to choose a delivery date and time based on your business hours, prep time, and estimated delivery time. For your situation, you could set a prep time of 4 days so it’s always at least 4 days out.

- we need to be able to export our orders into routing software for our trucks
I'm not sure if this will work with your routing software, but you have the ability to export orders from your Square Online website to Quickbooks or to a CSV file.

Lastly, you mentioned subscriptions - we recently introduced Square Online Checkout links, and recurring subscriptions are supported via this feature. I hope this was helpful!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2