x

Updating Reader - Stuck at 87%

I have tried to connect the contactless card reader.  Have deleted / restarted / unpaired / reset numerous times.  Followed all the troubleshooting tips but it still comes back to "Updating Reader 87%".  I am using a Galaxy 6 Edge, but have also tried in on an ipad 3 & iPhone SE6.  Same thing happens.  Any tips are appreciated. 

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AFLJ,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your reader. You may need to get in touch with support for further troubleshooting on this one, but here's something to try in the meantime:

1) Forget the Square reader from all devices you've tried connecting it to in the past

2) Hold down the button until the lights completely STOP flashing red. This performs a hard reset on the reader.

3) Uninstall and re-install the POS app on your iPhone - we'll use the iPhone to try and perform the firmware update.

4) Once you've reset the reader, try connecting the reader again (via the Square POS app and NOT your device Bluetooth settings) then running a $1 test transaction on your own card as per the instructions here: https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5639-set-up-the-square-contactless-chip-card-reader

If you're still having trouble, give our team a call on 1800 760 137 for further troubleshooting. I'm hoping here that step 2 (hard resetting the reader) is going to be the thing to fix the issue here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @AFLJ,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you're having trouble with your reader. You may need to get in touch with support for further troubleshooting on this one, but here's something to try in the meantime:

1) Forget the Square reader from all devices you've tried connecting it to in the past

2) Hold down the button until the lights completely STOP flashing red. This performs a hard reset on the reader.

3) Uninstall and re-install the POS app on your iPhone - we'll use the iPhone to try and perform the firmware update.

4) Once you've reset the reader, try connecting the reader again (via the Square POS app and NOT your device Bluetooth settings) then running a $1 test transaction on your own card as per the instructions here: https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5639-set-up-the-square-contactless-chip-card-reader

If you're still having trouble, give our team a call on 1800 760 137 for further troubleshooting. I'm hoping here that step 2 (hard resetting the reader) is going to be the thing to fix the issue here.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2