x
Alumni

Uplifted Voices: Pass the Mic Series โ€Œ๐ŸŽค

Hey y'all! ๐Ÿ‘‹ Stopping by to introduce Pass the Mic, an interview series presented by the Uplifted Voices Community that spotlights members and their businesses, giving us the opportunity to learn about the entrepreneur behind the brand. 

Letโ€™s uplift @Arick, owner of Last Mile Cafe!! A few words from him.. 

Screen Shot 2021-06-02 at 1.32.15 PM.png

JustinC_0-1622650142476.png

What's your proudest moment as a business owner?

For me, the proudest moment has been the freedom to choose my suppliers. We partnered with Blk & Bold for our coffee and Bare All Clothing for our merch. It feels empowering to cut a check to a business owner that I look up to and that looks like me.

JustinC_1-1622650142596.png

Whatโ€™s one thing you struggle with most while owning a business? How do you persevere through that challenge?

Patience vs Impulse. Part of me just wants to move! I see where the world is, and I know it can only be fixed if we take action. At the same time, I realize that it takes patience and intentional steps to survive in business.

My team helps me persevere every day. If I have an idea thatโ€™s too wild or too rushed, they speak up. I try to check myself, but itโ€™s hard to see everything from one perspective. You need people on your team that will hold you accountable.

JustinC_2-1622650142558.png

Describe your brand in three words.

Community, Convenience, Ownership.

How would you like for your legacy to be remembered?

That I tried. I have goals that are โ€œimpossible.โ€ But I have done the impossible and so have many others. So I will dedicate my life to shifting our society to a model that works for everyone. But If I donโ€™t make it to the finish line, I need people to know that I tried, so they have no excuse.

Thanks for the wise words, Arick! Love the team-centricity. A true leader understands that success is a collaborative effort.

Comment below to expand on some of his insights. โœŒ๏ธ๐Ÿ–ค

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Alumni

Thank you for being a part of the Community @Arick - Your logo is absolutely gorgeous ๐ŸŒŸ

Aaron Weiss
Former Community Lead, Square
Get help in our Support Center | Join the Beta Community
Message 2 of 14
Beta Member

Wow, thanks! I really appreciate that!!

Message 3 of 14

Great write-up gentlemen!!

Publicist, Producer, Serial-Entrepreneur
424-224-6625
www.dovebennett.com
www.facebook.com/dovebennettpr
www.instagram.com/dovepr
Writer for Blavity, Medium & Thrive Global
Message 4 of 14

Well done..keep up the inspiration and hard work!

Message 5 of 14
Beta Member

We will. Thanks ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿพ 

Message 6 of 14

We answered the questions you wrote, if that's no problem. Our proudest moment is when we gained our first order within a week of opening our online store. We struggle with advertising our brand to the point were no one wants to buy our t shirts. Ownership, appreciation, and community is how we describe our company. We want our legacy to be remembered for who "Team Bryant" is and not to be remembered for how cool our shirts look or because of the prices we sell our T-Shirts, but be remembered for who we are.๐Ÿ˜€

Go shop at Team Bryant's Clothing Line, click link to enter our online store: http://team-bryant-clothing-line.square.site/ Thank you

Message 7 of 14
Beta Member

๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ™

Message 8 of 14
Super Seller

Awesome write up and post. I feel as small business owner continuing to foster synergy through cross functional knowledge shares is essential. 

#EmbraceAnuCrown
Message 9 of 14

Soo awesome to read about your journey! 

Message 10 of 14
Beta Member

Thank you! We are just getting started. 

Message 11 of 14

Yes sir, black excellence! Let's go! Brother, you're dope, keep going! @Arick 

Message 12 of 14
Beta Member

Much appreciated. Thank you!

Message 13 of 14
Super Seller

@Arick thanks so much for this inspirational interview.  I wish you continued success.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 14 of 14