x
Beta Member

Visit my Store

Hi Everyone,

I've just designed my website and it would be really interesting to receive some feedback. I went live on the however I've not received any orders so far so therefore would really appreciate some tips. My store contains many men and womens and we hope to launch new products soon. 

www.clothingcity.co.uk

Message 1 of 9
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Visit my Store

OK - a very quick glance: 

โ€ข Looks really nice on load, but got to scroll down to see any products. Why not have the featured products right at the top. Most people look on mobile too that would send the images of products even further down. 

โ€ข You collect personal details - but don't have a privacy policy. Worth checking out all the GDPR requirements. 

โ€ข It's also a legal requirement to have your address on any website that takes orders & payments in the UK. I'd also mistrust any site that doesn't have a contact phone number. 

โ€ข Shipping - No shipping information anywhere. I tend not to bother shopping somewhere unless I know how much it's gonna cost. 

โ€ข Covid - I've had to make 2/3 card claims against companies that have taken orders & never delivered during covid. I'm now on the look out for a 'we're shipping as normal' type message, especially on sites I've not shopped on before. (Square have a pop up feature you can utilise for this too). 

โ€ข On the site name you've got "men and womans clothing" this should probably read "men's and women's clothing" or at least "mens and womens clothing"

โ€ข Be very aware of what information is hiding on your website. I've found your main supplier & in turn checked their copyright policy for image usage & potentially your cost prices. 

1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi I just built a website also

https://flowersfromfrance.square.site/

When you say you have not had any orders on it can I ask how have you tried advertising it ? I ran a simple advert on FB and got a pretty decent return in sales.

I just posted a thread trying to figure out what others do regarding advertising also.

Site looks good - I would change up your comments box on your home page to a more simple looking one.  (I know its not difficult to type your name in etc) Look at the one at the bottom of my site for instance. Take out the How would you rate our service? all you want really is there email address.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Best Answer

Hi I just built a website also

https://flowersfromfrance.square.site/

When you say you have not had any orders on it can I ask how have you tried advertising it ? I ran a simple advert on FB and got a pretty decent return in sales.

I just posted a thread trying to figure out what others do regarding advertising also.

Site looks good - I would change up your comments box on your home page to a more simple looking one.  (I know its not difficult to type your name in etc) Look at the one at the bottom of my site for instance. Take out the How would you rate our service? all you want really is there email address.

Message 2 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @FrenchFlowers,

Thanks for your feedback really appreciate the support, I've noted the points you mentioned. I have currently set up an instagram page and have also sent the website link to friends and family, not many followers at the moment. Out of interest, how much did the Facebook advert cost you? And do you think it would be worth adding shoppable posts on my Instagram page to gain more views on my website?

Message 3 of 9

I will be quite open with you. I ran a FB advert and spent ยฃ20 on a 4 day campaign. I made about ยฃ200 in sales and have about 26 messages to follow up on from it. I recon 3 or 4 will come back to buy on payday. So totally worth looking into. 

If you can, steer clear of friends and family. There are better clients out there. I set up my new plant sales account only say 6 weeks ago. Hopefully will at least be a little pocket money going forwards. 

Its crazy how powerful all these tools are these days. Square weebly facebook etc.

Have you sorted out how your shipping your products etc ? That I find is where a lot of people forget to set up right at the start.

how long you been doing this ?

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @FrenchFlowers,

I have taken my shipping costs into account and I published my website two weeks ago. 

Message 5 of 9
Super Seller

OK - a very quick glance: 

โ€ข Looks really nice on load, but got to scroll down to see any products. Why not have the featured products right at the top. Most people look on mobile too that would send the images of products even further down. 

โ€ข You collect personal details - but don't have a privacy policy. Worth checking out all the GDPR requirements. 

โ€ข It's also a legal requirement to have your address on any website that takes orders & payments in the UK. I'd also mistrust any site that doesn't have a contact phone number. 

โ€ข Shipping - No shipping information anywhere. I tend not to bother shopping somewhere unless I know how much it's gonna cost. 

โ€ข Covid - I've had to make 2/3 card claims against companies that have taken orders & never delivered during covid. I'm now on the look out for a 'we're shipping as normal' type message, especially on sites I've not shopped on before. (Square have a pop up feature you can utilise for this too). 

โ€ข On the site name you've got "men and womans clothing" this should probably read "men's and women's clothing" or at least "mens and womens clothing"

โ€ข Be very aware of what information is hiding on your website. I've found your main supplier & in turn checked their copyright policy for image usage & potentially your cost prices. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @Sam_400ยบ,

I have taken into account your feedback. Can you let me know where you see the suppliers name and also which part of the website are you referring to when you said you saw men and womans.

Thanks for your help

Message 7 of 9
Super Seller

@ClothingCity 

The men/menโ€™s is in the web name text:

E6A41F29-E2FE-4593-9DBA-AC65675BC097.jpeg

The supplier name is in the sizing guide image name text as I guess you didnโ€™t rename it before uploading? 

Obviously just personal opinion, but I like the changes youโ€™ve made & the info page is nice in plain English too ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป

Pizza Is Chill

Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @Sam_400ยบ,

Can you still see the hidden links in the images? I renamed them and uploaded again.

Thanks

Message 9 of 9