x

What adapter do i need for my square card reader to plug into my android phone?!?

What adapter do i need for my square cars reader to plug into my galaxy s7? I have a male end, where can I get the converter or what are my options. Typing in the card every time is annoying!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller Alumni

Galaxy S7 has a headphone jack so all readers will work. Compatibility page

Message 2 of 10
Alumni

Hey there @Nicolek - thanks for making your first post to the 👥 community. 

@RHatch is right, the model of phone you have has a headphone jack, allowing you to connect the Magstripe reader and Chip Card reader. If you have the Contactless + Chip Card reader, you can connect this using Bluetooth. 

Please let us know if you still need help connecting a reader to your device. 

Message 3 of 10

I see how to connect the swipe reader to the headphone jack of my android phone, but how do I connect the chip reader?  I have the charger, but it has one small end and one USB end, but both the chip reader and my phone only have the small end (for recharging).  Help!

Message 4 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

If you are talking about the Chip reader. You must charge in by plugging it into your computer or phone charger.  You can't charge it while connected to the phone.  I will not work.  Here is the help page with more information

Message 5 of 10

You can go to office depot and get 1 for $10 or log into squareup.com and you can order one from square for free. www.squareup.com 

Message 6 of 10
Super Seller

@MHBB the chip reader connects via Bluetooth.  no need to connect it directly to your phone, the cable is just for charging.

Message 7 of 10
Super Seller Alumni

Lets be clear.  

The Square Chip Card Reader does NOT connect via Bluetooth.

The Square Contactless and Chip Reader does connect via Bluetooth.

Message 8 of 10

go to squareup.com and log in. in account setting you will be able to order a reader for free, I have those and the tap to pay

Message 9 of 10

have Android, Samsung 8+. I've been a happy Square user for 3 years! I do local vendor events weekly.

I ordered the small card reader from Sam's online, Square sells it too. It's like a 2" little square box. I got a case on Amazon. It can be used as Touchless, tap & go OR Mag strip reader. It connects right to the Square app! It came with the little plug into your phone device, which is good for backup but a pain if you have a case on phone... have to remove case to use plug in

Hope this helps!

Message 10 of 10