x

When you first sign up will Square automatically send you the small reader? How do I get it?

Does Square automatically send you the small card reader that goes into your headphone port? I read in the tutorial that the first one was free after that it’s $10. How do I get it? 

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello and welcome to Square @SouthernSavvy! 😃🎉

Yep your first magstripe reader is free, and you do have to request a reader — it won't automatically be sent when you sign up.

You can order a reader from your online Square Dashboard. From a browser sign in at squareup.com/dashboard > click Account & Settings > Square Accessories > Card Reader

Or you can order a reader from the Point of Sale app:

1. Sign in to the app and navigate to the Settings section.
  2. Scroll down and then tap Card Readers > tap Magstripe > Order a Reader.

The readers take about a week to arrive. When you've placed your order you'll receive a confirmation email. You'll receive another email with tracking information when the reader has shipped! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

I sign up but did'nt get a reader

Message 22 of 26

When I went to checkout, it charged my account for my first reader. How do I go about that? Do I have to wait for a few days for a refund or do I have to call support?

Message 23 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hey @SifuStudios!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community Just to be clear, have you placed an order and been charged already? If you need us to take a look, you can reach out directly to our Support Team.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 24 of 26

Hello Ive never received my reader. I keep clicking in get a free reader but it doesnt process. Can you help me get my free reader?

Thanks so much

Message 25 of 26
Square Community Moderator

Hi @BlingRocs - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

Thanks for letting us know and sorry for the confusion. When you have a chance, please try ordering this way:

http://squ.re/readerrequest > "Send me a reader" > Select Connectivity > complete checkout process.

Let me know how this goes.

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 26 of 26