x

Which square service do I need?

Hello,

I’m trying to determine which square service is more suitable for my business. I have a retail water store- I sell purified water, alkaline water, and a variety of empty bottling supplies of different sizes.

I will need to create P/O’s about 4 – 5 times each month. I really like the idea of automatically adding and subtracting inventory directly from the P/O’s…but I’m not sure if the $60 square monthly fee to have the P/O service will be justified. This will be my first year in business and I’m projecting less than 100K…

Truly appreciate your input…

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

I don't use Square for Retail, I just use Square Point of Sale so I don't have the Purchase order option.  I also just have a handfull of products that I have to order.  With Square Point of Sale I can track my inventory and set inventory level alerts for when to reorder.   Once one of the item alerts trigger then I take a look at my inventory and create my Purchase order manually.  

This works for me.  The button layout works better for us then the retail search function as we don't use a UPC scanner because most of what we do is service not product.

Message 2 of 4

Thanks for the advice. What do you use for PO's if you don't mind me asking?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller Alumni

Our product vendor allows us to order everything we need online we really don't use a traditional PO.  I only track inventory in Square, but I track my inventory purchase in Quickbooks.  I don't track my individual sales in QB so I don't use the PO feature they have in QB either.

Message 4 of 4