x

Will square work with POS lightspeed, I do not need a POS I just need a CC reader service

I have lightspeed as a POS and just need a CC reader, will these work together?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @ssusiesfire!

Our hardware would only be compatible with our services/app. Lightspeed is it's own processor. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Can I import lighspeed product to square? 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@shorhome ;

If you can export your Items from Lightspeed as a CSV file or Excel File, you can then import them into Square.

You just need to figure out the name of each Column from lightspeed that would Match Squares Naming system for its items.

Here is how to import items to Square : 5153-import-items-online 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

@ssusiesfire ;

I know I am late to answer this question but wanted to let you know before I signed up to use Square Hardware as my POS, I used a Square Card Reader with my other POS.  I would ring up the sale on my old POS (Lightspeed) in your case, have a total and then type the total into the Square app as a custom amount.   Reporting through Square just would show what was charged to the Credit card as a Custom amount and not the items on the sale.  That would be shown from Light Speed in your case.  So you would need a Cell phone or tablet to run the Square App and Credit card readers that were compatible with your device(s).  

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 5 of 5