x

Will the square card work without a linked bank account

Can you use your square card without a linked bank account?

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Fransblingbling - Yup! You can order and use the Square Card without a linked bank account. Please note that this means your funds will continue to accrue within your Square balance. If at any point you would like to deposit the funds to a bank account, you'll need to link one. To learn more, check out Get Started with Square Card.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Fransblingbling - Yup! You can order and use the Square Card without a linked bank account. Please note that this means your funds will continue to accrue within your Square balance. If at any point you would like to deposit the funds to a bank account, you'll need to link one. To learn more, check out Get Started with Square Card.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 11

I already tried.  It said I couldn't get one at this time. Is there any other way without a bank account linked.

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Unfortunately there isn't a way to receive funds without a linked bank account or active Square Card. @WRANGELL

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 11

• Can I receive my personal payments directly to my Debit Card? I have no Bank account yet to link to.
Tags (2)
Message 5 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TRay 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome, welcome!

Good question here! If you are looking to transfer funds directly to your personal Debit Card, Square will require that you add a valid bank account before-hand. This helps us make sure your funds make it to you without delay or discrepancy.

However, if you don't have a bank account - we would recommend activating a Square Card - which will give you real time access to your funds, and does not require a bank account added to your account!

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding using Square with no bank account.

Feel free to reach back out if you have any further questions! We are here to help!

Joe
Message 6 of 11

Do you have to have a bank account setup with Square to use the card or have a card?  Can Square work on its own without a bank account setup?

Message 7 of 11
Alumni

Found the thread you're looking for. I merged you to it. @itnola

Justin
Message 8 of 11

the only reason to have a bank account is to write checks and get loans right? could I use the debit card to withdraw cash at ATM or store? Is a bank account necessary any more now that Defi is a thing? lol

Message 9 of 11

oh can I use with stripe? or does stripe need a bank account? I run a mobile app and stripe is how I will receive payments. 

Message 10 of 11
Alumni

• Yes, you'll need a bank account if Square offers you a loan.
  • No you don't need a bank account if you choose to go with the Square Card. 
  • Yes, you're able to withdraw funds at an ATM or a store.
  • Stripe is not compatible with Square. 

@readySketch

Justin
Message 11 of 11