x

domain transfer

i transfered my domain to square and im waiting for it to be transfered. is it normal to take several days for the transfer? 

thanks

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for screenshot.  To be clear, you moved your domain from GoDaddy.com to Register.com correct?  You did not just adjust the DNS settings correct?  Then a transfer from domain company to domain company does take days.  Adjusting DNS can be same day.  

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Resale & Boutique Collection - hanger-hues.square.site

Hope This Helps!
TERRI

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Hi, domains can be frustrating.  In my experience, usually same day transfer.  DNS would need to be adjusted.  Can you please add more information?  

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 2 of 9

Screenshot 2020-10-09 at 2.37.37 PM.pngi transfered the domain to aquare so i would have to do and tweeks. i also paid the fee to allow it to be used for my square checkout site  im all finished with godaddy and waiting for square to make it active. i cant do anything on the godaddy end anymore. if i go to my dashboard it says transfer in process. could take up to 7 days. the address is www.freshharvestmushrooms.com

Message 3 of 9

Best Answer

Hi, thank you for screenshot.  To be clear, you moved your domain from GoDaddy.com to Register.com correct?  You did not just adjust the DNS settings correct?  Then a transfer from domain company to domain company does take days.  Adjusting DNS can be same day.  

Terri

🛍 Shop my store

Hope This Helps!
TERRI
Message 4 of 9

yes correct fron godaddy to register.com ........i did not make any adjustments. ill just sit tight and wait. thanks for the help. 

Message 5 of 9

its been 10 days and still no transfer. could you direct this impoetant issue to the proper support team?

Message 6 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Mushroomjesus,

You can reach out direct CS team through our Contact Page here.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 7 of 9

Hi

I need to transfer domain out of square.  I tried to change dns nameserver, but its not working.

Message 8 of 9
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Ahriane

Thank you for reaching out about transferring your domain outside of Square.

Since this is account specific I would recommend contacting our direct CS E-Comm team here to assist you.

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 9