x

how do you get notifications for online orders???

How does Square give sellers notifications when someone orders from your online store? Is it through your email? If so where do you set that up/how? Also can you receive notifications from your phone "point of sales"? 

Message 1 of 22
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: how do you get notifications for online orders???

Hey @Malea-98 

Square automatically sends an email for every Online Order.

You also have the option of an in-app notification if you have the Square POS app open.
You can also get Push Notifications through the Weebly App, even when the app isn't open.

I hope this helps!

1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Malea-98 

You also have the option of an in-app notification if you have the Square POS app open.
You can also get Push Notifications through the Weebly App, even when the app isn't open.

I hope this helps!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Malea-98 

I hope this helps!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 2 of 22

Is there an extra cost to use the weebly push notifications? 

Message 3 of 22
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @Malea-98 

Nope! The Weebly app is free, and you just have to log in and turn on notifications!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 22
Beta Member

Weebly app has been iffy for us. We were getting push notifications and then they would randomly stop working, then start working again weeks later. It has done this to our business 3 times now. At the moment its been months since we have been able to receive push notifications through the weebly app. 

Message 5 of 22
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @TNHempCare - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Welcome!

So sorry for the trouble here with your push notifications. This is a known and outstanding issue currently that our App product teams are working with Apple/Android to resolve. We apologize for the extended timeline here. We hope to have notifications up and running very soon.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 22
Beta Member

Have you found a solution for the push problem?  The notification has not worked on our phones for a couple of months now.  Very frustrating.

Message 7 of 22

Insane. Same problem here. Haven’t received notifications is months.

We need to be able to pull items off the floor ASAP if they’re bought online before people try to purchase them in-store. 
A world of problems over what should be  a basic feature 😞

Message 8 of 22

I agree! Very frustrating! Same issue here and i cannot seem to get any straight answers.

Message 9 of 22

Is there anyone out there from Weebly, can anyone answer that question?

Message 10 of 22

My push notification always seem to go down around our busiest times like holidays and the last time it was working was late October.  

We are having to do double the work because we constantly have to log in to check online orders for the simple fact we do not know they are there.  The push is crucial. 

Message 11 of 22

Any updates? I’m still not getting order notifications on my phone, this is very frustrating especially considering I’m paying over $200 a year for a professional website from Weebly.

Message 12 of 22
Admin

Hey @mezpots-

Sorry to hear about this.

If this issue is still occurring, please give us a call. We want to make sure we get this resolved as soon as possible. Feel free to circle back to this thread to share your solution. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 13 of 22

Can you please share a link to where I update the email that receives order notifications? Does this email have to be the same as the login email?

Message 14 of 22

Hi there, @Bernadette1 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! 

Order notification emails will go directly to your main account email address. You can edit your email address at any time.

Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Joe
Message 15 of 22

I used to get push notifications and in-app notification and do not receive anything but an email now.  This is causing a lot of missed orders.  How do I turn on the push notifications?  

Message 16 of 22

Hello @dripzeeland

Thank you for posting in the Seller Community again, welcome! ☺️

There was a time where the Weebly app used to have this function available, but this is no longer the case. Currently this is not an ability with the Square online store app.

I look forward to reading your thoughts! Also, if you were ever interested in joining the BETA Seller community to test out features before they are released publicly, check this out: https://bit.ly/3AkwY3Z 

Frida
Message 17 of 22

where do you choose to get an in-ap notification?

Message 18 of 22

You can find this by visiting More > Orders > Alerts on your Square Point of Sale application @MV22

JJ
Message 19 of 22

When I receive an online order, how do I make it to where I can get a push alert?

Message 20 of 22

Hiya @Caramel and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where this question has already been answered that I found by searching it.

Check out @pessosices's Best Answer for details.

Ashley C
Message 21 of 22