x

"Not yet approved"

Hi,

I've been trying to sign up for square for months now, and with Christmas looming I'm very keen to get this sorted.

I have tried all options in terms of my personal information - married name, maiden name, previous addresses, passport, drivers licence...still "Not Yet Approved" and then "Square is unable to approve your request".

Am I going to be able to fix this, or should I try another medium?

Thank you,

Lydia

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hi @lyddlethings,

Thanks for getting in touch and sorry to hear you've had trouble signing up with Square.

You can read a little more about how this system works and what might be going wrong at https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5057-signup-troubleshooting.

While we're not able to provide support for personal ID verification issues via our Seller Community, I recommend getting in touch with our support team on 1800 760 137 to chat about this issue further. Lines are open Mon-Fri 9am-5pm, AEST.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

I have the same problem. I can not reach the number and could not yesterday. It is hard to find support at all. No email answer since yesterday and i want to start selling TOMORROW! The website says it should be possible to collect payments straight for a period of 7days and up until 2000$ This even does not work.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Philphil,

Our CS team isn't available over the weekends but there's some tips here on the Support Center that can help with the issues you're having signing up.

Past these tips- there won't be a lot we can do to assist since we can't assist with the identity verification process.

Try the tips above and let me know if those work for you. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 4 of 6

@ashc thank you for the message.

i checked the page you sent in the post like 15times. I just can not restart the verification process as the option is gone at all. I tried multiple times to verify but it did not work.

what now? Can you reset my verification process so i can restart?

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

@Philphil Unfortunately not no.

You might have to give it some time before trying again or if it's been too many attempts- the decision could be final.

You may have to look into another processor to use at this time. Sorry, I know that's not the answer you were looking for. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 6 of 6