x

refund question

Say client bought $300.00 in goods and we got $300 minus the transation fee.  the clients wants to issue a refund. do I refund the whole amount of $300.00 to the client?  will Square refund the full amount $300.00 or keep the transaction fee? how does this work?

Marina

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The customer will get their entire $300 refunded, and you will get your transaction fees returned to you.  That is, Square will reduce your deposit on the day the refund is processed by $300 minus the transaction fee.  Since Square already took their fee out when the charge was processed, they aren't out any money, and neither are you.

Judy T Shumway

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

The customer will get their entire $300 refunded, and you will get your transaction fees returned to you.  That is, Square will reduce your deposit on the day the refund is processed by $300 minus the transaction fee.  Since Square already took their fee out when the charge was processed, they aren't out any money, and neither are you.

Judy T Shumway
Message 2 of 4

The answer you received doesn't seem thorough. Square?  Answer is more like the Business loses the transaction fee approximately $7.9 for this refund.  Yes you can refund the  full $300 unless you put in writing that the customer will be refund will include a transaction fee of $$$ (i.e. $10)  to cover your time and fees.  Just a thought.  

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hello, @Denise_KH - Welcome to our Seller Community

Thanks for chiming in, we would like to provide you with a good resource related to this topic. Under How Refunds Work in this article, you can obtain more details for further clarification. 

Feel free to reach out to us with any additional questions. 

Have a wonderful day.

Sayra
Community Moderator, Square // Moderadora de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 4