x

Square Online: Can I display the shipping rate with the item or does it only appear on checkout?

Hello all,

I'm new to square and have been setting up the free online store for a few weeks. I'm almost there but have a couple of questions:

Can I display the shipping rate with the item or does it just appear on checkout?

I want people to know what they'll be paying and not surprised! 🙂 

Also is there a way to test the site before publishing?

thanks

Rowena

Message 1 of 6
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @OldHenAntiques, welcome to Square and the Seller Community!

At the moment, shipping rates are only calculated at checkout. If you'd like to inform the customers of this upfront, you can add the shipping rates to your item description or set up a page call Shipping FAQ on your site and add it to the navigational bar so it'll always be visible for customers. You can find out more about setting up pages and navigational links here

There isn't a way to test the site before you publish at the moment. 

If you have any question or run into any issue, let me know and I'll be happy to help!. 

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @OldHenAntiques, welcome to Square and the Seller Community!

At the moment, shipping rates are only calculated at checkout. If you'd like to inform the customers of this upfront, you can add the shipping rates to your item description or set up a page call Shipping FAQ on your site and add it to the navigational bar so it'll always be visible for customers. You can find out more about setting up pages and navigational links here

There isn't a way to test the site before you publish at the moment. 

If you have any question or run into any issue, let me know and I'll be happy to help!. 

Tra
Message 2 of 6

Hi Tra,

thanks for your reply. I'll add to the descriptions I think.

When it comes to shipping rate,  I set a flat rate - as my items are small and I know the flat rate covers my outgoings. BUT if a customer were to buy two items that I pack together, How can I charge them a fair rate and not the flat rate TWICE?

thanks

Rowena

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Glad I could help Rowena!

In terms of shipping - as long as the flat rate is charged per order rather than per item, the customer won't be charged twice if they order two items at the same time. 

Screenshot 2020-10-05 at 15.01.13.png

Tra
Message 4 of 6

Hi Tra,

I have set to per item... because if for example the two items together are more than the flat rate then I'd lose out on shipping.... but some of the items could be suitable together. 

Should I be using weight as a guide then?

my items range from a small brooch to framed print but individually are covered by the flat rate.

I'll admit to being confused by which rate to use.

thanks

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Thanks for clarifying! In that case, you can definitely set the shipping fees based on the weight of the items or you can set it based on the number of items ordered.

ink (79).png

For shipping based on weight, you'll need to make sure you have specified a weight for each of your items as well. 

ink (81).png

I hope these suggestions will help!

Tra
Message 6 of 6