x

square register

HI,

We are about to start to use your hardware square register, the look of it is amazing 10 out 10, but is the app made for the UK business? I dont think so.

I used few other platform as zettle basic, zattle pro and sumup ( the good till ) all of these app made their difference in process customers payment.

square register software look very block and complicated some basic stuff can be changed,

-keypad give the opportunity to be remove from the back office also if they used as a custom amount you will charge more in fee %

-VAT in UK as coffee shop we have 2 kinds of vat 0% and 20% with their own regulations. you make the use of it complicated and basically we need to create or own setting to make sure the system charge correctly. The good till back office setting are selling price £5 after you select if this price has vat on it if you click yes the next box say is this item has different vat from the origina price if click yes you can add the price for vat in takeaway. simple. 

- selection of eat in our takeaway in restaurant mode you made this more complicated so: if 1 customer buy 5 items and if the customer change is mind and want to stay in (eat in) you must change the items 1 by 1 to change to eat in, ( but in your standard setting you can do this very easy just swipe on the option and the items will change all together )

- also in the restaurant configuration when you start to take an order you dont know if you are in the eat in or takeaway setting ( I know you can select from the back office how to default that ) but you cant see on the screen if you are in eat in or takeaway, you can select it but you need to go in another menu ( actions to change it ) 

I think square has massive potential but you need to make for UK business where we need to be fast in take payments in a coffee shop  we cant go around setting to change things while we need to take a customer order.

I think you need to copy more the good till or zattle basics app settings.

Thank you

Fran

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hi Fran, welcome to the Seller Community 👋 

And thank you for sharing your insights, getting first-hand feedback like this is very important. 

Square has been active in the UK for over seven years with our product teams being UK based and they work on ensuring all of our products and features are localised to any given market. However, it may be that some features need tweaking, so please continue to flag anything you see or would like to see in our Ideate boards. This way we can ensure our teams are getting visibility on your input! @FraSazz 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content