x

syncing items to android phone

Hello,

I have set up my dashboard and put items into the library using my computer (mac) all looks  perfect.

Problem is the items aren't transferring onto my phone ( the device I plan on using as my POS). I have an android phone, not an iPhone.

I have restarted the app, deleted and re-downloaded the app and it doesn't make a difference.

I looked on my work computer ( not a Mac) and i can also see all the items I put in.

My question is why isn't the data transferring over to my account on my phone ( same account).

I can add the items on my android on the app there is no option on the app to select the unit type i.e price per kg. Which is what I need to make the POS useful.

I only have 1 account and i have made sure the items are all in the same locations on the dashboard.

HELP! my first market stall is tomorrow and this is driving my MAD!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

I think it's not an android issue. I have the exact same issue with my iPhone.
For the look of it the library doesn't synch between desktop and mobile.

I think this should be a basic feature (nobody want to populate a list of items twice), so I assume we just need someone to let us know if there is something we should do if this is not happening automatically.

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @P-O-L-O,

Thanks for getting in touch.

Square definitely supports syncing items between your dashboard and the app on your phone! 

While we're not able to look into how you have things set up via our seller community, our support team can look into this further and find out what's happening with your account - you can call our Australian support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open 9am-5pm, Mon-Fri Melbourne time. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 5

Has anyone gotten an answer? I am also having this issue. Its driving me nuts. 

Message 4 of 5
Admin

Hey @Birchraven21,

Thanks for reaching out!

We're not seeing any issues here at the moment, so it comes down to how you have set things up.

I'd make sure that you're logged into the same account and location on both devices, and if you're using multiple locations, ensure that each item you want to show at each location is assigned these locations via your inventory settings.

If you'd like a support agent to take a further look into how you have things set up and what may be causing this issue, please feel free to call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5