x

How can I verify my identity to take payments?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: verify identity

Hi folks

I'm setting up a shop for my daughter to sell bracelets at https://www.homemadehappiness.co.uk

I've added my bank account and the dashboard setup guide confirms that setup is complete, but I'm still getting a "This store is not yet accepting payments" message.

I am also getting a message in the dashboard which tells me to verify my identity, but I cannot see a way of doing that. Whenever I click on the 'verify identity' link in the dashboard it just takes me back to the dashboard.

Can you help? Thank you very much

Ken

Message 1 of 18
Report Inappropriate Content
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @kengray, sorry to hear you are having trouble with activating your Square account! You should be able to complete the signup form and verify your information by following the steps outlined in these activating your Square account FAQs

If you are being sent in a loop, would you mind trying the following troubleshooting steps and see if that would help?

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.

You can also try to verify your account by clicking this link

I hope this will help!

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @kengray, sorry to hear you are having trouble with activating your Square account! You should be able to complete the signup form and verify your information by following the steps outlined in these activating your Square account FAQs

If you are being sent in a loop, would you mind trying the following troubleshooting steps and see if that would help?

• Make sure your browser is up to date.
  • Clear the cache on your browser. Access the Help menu of your browser to locate step-by-step instructions.
  • Switch to a supported browser, such as Google Chrome.

You can also try to verify your account by clicking this link

I hope this will help!

Tra
Message 2 of 18

Thank you! I cleared the whole cache from Chrome and the Setup Guide was able to help me verify my identity. Thanks! Ken

Message 3 of 18

To me it says i am unable to process my request how am i meant to run my business without having my account verified

Message 4 of 18
Admin

Hey @eesajawad, if you're running into this error, please follow the steps outlined here in order to activate your Square account

Please note that when you sign up to Square, our automatic verification tool compares the details you enter against sources such as the electoral roll. You can try entering your information again from your Square Dashboard to verify your identity. Here are some things to keep in mind as you retry:

• Make sure you provide us with your legal name and home address in the personal information fields, not your business information
  • If your name has changed within the past 6 months, you can try entering your previous legal name
  • If you have changed your home address within the past 6 months, you can try entering your previous home address

If you have exhausted all four attempts to verify your identity, you can get in touch with our Support team on 0800 098 8008 for assistance. 

Tra
Message 5 of 18

My Business is based in the UK and I Live in Pakistan, How can I verify my identity? I took 4 attempts and it shows I'm unable to take another attempt now onwards. How Can I solve this issue? 

Also, I tried to change my home country to Pakistan but I'm unable to select the country. Who can guide me through this issue and help me resolve this issue? 

Message 6 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hey @amaz, welcome to the Seller Community.

In order to be able to use Square, your business must be based in the UK and you must have a UK residential address. In this case, it will not be possible to sign up for Square if you are using an address in Pakistan. If you do have a UK residential address, I recommend starting the sign-up process again and using that instead. 

Hope this helps!

Message 7 of 18

My problem is that even though I enter the right information it won't verify my identity. How can I get around it. If it doesn't work filling out the form?

Message 8 of 18
Super Seller

Has your name or address changed in the past 6 months? You may need to put in details that were valid within the last 6 months as it can take a while for the verification system to update to your newest information

Matt - He/They
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question!
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 9 of 18
Admin

Hey @Ikecatcher, if you have changed your address or name in the last 6 months, it's worth trying to enter your old details like @MJD suggested! 

If you have exhausted all four attempts to verify your identity, you can get in touch with our support team on 0800 098 8008 for assistance. 

More information about activating your Square account can be found here

Tra
Message 10 of 18

Hi,

I can't bypass the ID verification, please explain to me why it is so difficult? what is that I do wrong, I did follow all the steps from the guide, started to upload the bloody documents in that section despite all are 'optional ', Could you advise a phone number to the customer support?

Message 11 of 18
Super Seller

If you’re uploading the documents, this should mean you’re in and you have an account, if so, congratulations you’ve made it and no further action is needed to get started building the best of your business with square! 

if not please get back with further information : )

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 12 of 18

I have the account but I can't get over the identity verification, 

Message 13 of 18
Super Seller

I’m confused by which identity verification you mean? Do you mean the one for Square Secure? Can you insert a screenshot of which form it is?

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 14 of 18

IonM_0-1621680784732.png

Message 15 of 18
Super Seller

Last resort from there would be to call support and they should be able to put you through : )

Matt - He/They
mjdws
Shop MJD Photography
Visit MJD Web Services
Message 16 of 18

I have the same problem.

When I try to verify my identity, if I'm on desktop/PC I get into a loop of being redirected to my Dashboard.

I already tried everything that @tranguyen suggested.

Is there any e-mail from CS that I can get in contact with to get help?

Message 17 of 18
Square Community Moderator

Hi @theocid, sorry you're running into this. It's best to call our Support team as suggested above. You can also send an email here.

Emma
Message 18 of 18