x
Admin

Meet the Team: Katie

Name: Katie

Role: Community Engagement

About Me: 👋🏽  Hi Seller Community! I’m Katie and want to properly introduce myself (even though I’ve taken a deep dive into the community already).

First, here’s a real life photo of me at work:

IMG_1767.png

I’m a SF Bay Area native and community junkie. In previous lives, I’ve

• worked on political campaigns and with a civic tech company (the best stint I had was canvassing on a sandbar in Hawaii)Sandbar.jpg

• served as local staff in a foreign government (I was not a spy)
  • and studied international conflict and mediation (I got lost in this tower in Ramallah while visiting Israel and Palestine)
  • palestine-plaza-hotel.jpg

Square’s mission to economically empower its sellers makes me even more excited to join the team. I find our community especially compelling since it’s where you all have the opportunity to ask and answer each other’s questions, communicate directly with our team, and even call us out on what’s not working so well.

Fun facts: My favorite emojis include 🙌  🙏 and 😂 . Also, I will stop in the street to pet dogs I see.

When not at Square, you can find me tending my extensive houseplant collection (on the lookout for a pilea peperomioides so let me know if you have some connections!) and reading long form articles. pilea-4.jpg

Finally, here are some dogs in my life:IMG_0576.jpg

40304EE3-.jpg

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Kpay Alumni

Re: Meet the Team: Katie

Welcome, @katieand! 🎉  👋  🙌

Message 2 of 4
davidb711

Hi Katie, welcome!  Thanks for sharing the pictures.  They are interesting.

Message 3 of 4
Highlighted
KatieV

@Katie You are so cute ..love your pics. I am a Katie, too. I think it's the best name ever. 🙂 

Message 4 of 4