x
Alumni

Meet the Team: Puka

Name: Puka

Role: Community Moderator

About me: Hi all! My name is Puka (yes, like the shell 😉). I have been at Square a little over 2.5 years, but just joined the Community team a few months ago and it’s been great interacting with all of the different Sellers here. I first learned about Square back in 2012 when my dad and I realized we needed a way to accept credit cards for our clothing booth at events. Back then I used to only know Square as the “white credit card swiper thingy” aka the Magstripe reader so it’s been amazing to see how much the company has grown from both a consumer standpoint and as a member of the team.

When I’m not at the office, I’ve probably got my head in a textbook as I’m also a full-time student. I used to be a Biology major, but my passion for music finally got the best of me and I switched to audio engineering a couple of years ago. So now I can basically recite which organisms have bilateral symmetry as well as which phylum they belong to while also describing the best mic placement to record voiceovers for your next documentary. 🤓 #geeksquad

Okay.. but what do you do when you have actual free time? Wow, I forgot what free time is. In the rare instances I do have any, you can find me playing with my English Bulldog puppy. Her name is Poenui (Nui for short) which means Fat Pearl. Together, we like to go hiking and do outdoorsy stuff….

Lol that was a joke. We just stay home and binge watch The Office together. It’s great.

IMG_7131.JPG

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Nice to meet you Puka...love the pic. Here is a pic of my dog Bear.20160922_085823.jpg

Message 2 of 3
Alumni

Aw, hi Bear! 🤗 Nice to meet you, too and thanks for sharing @GSB_Steve 🤙🏼

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 3 of 3