x

CHIP CARDS

I have tried to speak to Square about this but the lady was very rude and off putting ...so ia m ruching out here.....what do you do if the chip is unreadable? well i swipe or enter the card myself.....well this is the wrong thing to do....if you do not charge by the chip your taking a chance the change will be denied to your account.....but if the chip reader is down or the chip will not read and the person only has one card and no cash .....????????? i do not under stand why they allow swipe or where you can enter the card with all the info and the zip code how this is not a good charge to card....why allow that if your taking a chance on not getting your money? Square could not or would not answer this for me....very rude person this morning on the phone to the point i got upset. so question remains WHY HAVE THE SWIPE AND ENTER OPP. IF YOU COULD LOSE YOUR MONEY AND PRODUCT. and you have no recourse but to find the person cause they will not dispute it and you can not dispute it .... you can only try and find the person and get your money as i was told.....this sounds like the one hurting are us business owners and have we have no protection against this.......

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

If a chip is unreadable, you need to try it 3 times and then it will allow you to swipe it.  But by doing the 3 attempts you are proving that it isn't your fault and you tried to read the chip.

the option is there so that you can still accept payment. 99.99% of manual card transactions are fine

Message 2 of 2