x

Can I get an employee square reader?

My business does emergency construction type services that involves different service crews that travel to various locations at all hours of the day and night.

When a job is completed by one of my work crews it is my responsibility to invoice and collect for our services.At times  I may not be available to do that at the completion of the job, and this poses a problem.  Unless we collect immediately at the close of the job, it often is difficult to get our customers to pay up once we leave the site. If my employees had their own readers they could get the customer to swipe right there on site and I wouldn’t have to waste countless hours chasing them down to get paid.

Can I get multiple (2 extra) employee card readers with limited access to my account information so that they can swipe out in the feild?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @AllenEmergency!

Welcome to the Community. 

Readers are universal so you can pick them up from our Shop.

If you want the employee to have limited permissions or their own login, you'll want to set them up as an Employee on your account and select what permissions you'd like them to have!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

@AllenEmergency to add on to what was posted, you can use guest access mode for free and limit what an employee can see.

The easiest, and bonus, free way is to enable guest mode access to your POS.  No one will have to log in to make sales but they will need the admin 4 digit passcode to view old transactions and sales data etc.  

https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/3937-manage-passcode-access#enable-guest-point-of-sale-acces...

after setting up the options in your online dashboard you need to enable a setting in the Square pos app on each iPad.  

Tap Settings > Employee Management

Under Require Employee Passcode, select:

Only for Restricted Actions: This setting allows any user of the Square app to take payments without a passcode, but requires a passcode to be entered for those actions that are restricted in your Square Dashboard.

The other option is to use Employee management, which lets you assign roles and restrict certain employees and give other restrictions to other employees.  https://squareup.com/us/en/point-of-sale/features/employee-management.

this is a much more detailed way to see each employees sales and other benefits but does cost $5 per month, which is well worth it if that is information that you need or need levels of employee restrictions.

Message 3 of 3