x

Can I use my tax id number to sign into a POS account

I was wondering if I could use my company’s tax ID number instead of my social security number to use my POS account.

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Jo101 While you can use a tax id number for reporting purposes with square, I think your social is required as part of the verification process.  I believe they match your name social and address to prove you are a real person in the country you say you are in since there are different versions of the software for different countries.  I don't know of a way around personal verification in the set up process as it is vital for security and the reputation of the platform.  I do know that personal information like that when used is hidden and can't be seen by anyone after the verification is done.

Hope this helps.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

Best Answer

@Jo101 While you can use a tax id number for reporting purposes with square, I think your social is required as part of the verification process.  I believe they match your name social and address to prove you are a real person in the country you say you are in since there are different versions of the software for different countries.  I don't know of a way around personal verification in the set up process as it is vital for security and the reputation of the platform.  I do know that personal information like that when used is hidden and can't be seen by anyone after the verification is done.

Hope this helps.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 2