x

Can Square add a late fee option for unpaid invoices?

Beta Member

Can Square add a late fee option for unpaid invoices?

I was wondering if you guys could create a late fee option built in to the invoice platform.

1 Verified Answer
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Can Square add a late fee option for unpaid invoices?

Hi @ARenee - this is a great question. An automated invoice fee would be considered a feature request, as of now. But we may be able to suggest a work around.

If your customer has an outstanding invoice that has yet to be paid, you can edit the invoice to include a 'late fee' line item. This action would include the fee in the final cost for the customer to fulfill. 

I hope this is helpful! 

17 Comments

or percentage of the oustanding amount

I would really like a percentage of the outstanding about available when a customer doesn't pay in our net 30, so we can say after the payment is 15 days overdue then we will add out a late fee charge that is congruent with our contract.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @missleahmaria - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!

There is no option to automatically apply this late fee charge once the due date is expired, but you can manually add a late fee charge by editing the Invoice after the due date. 

Beta Member

I am getting really fed up with flakey, late payers. I'm a solo musician, and I often have to dog and bi+ch people into getting my invoices paid. Several times, it's been well over 45 days, and I'm not talking about a lot of money. Many times, they don't open or open and ignore me, I think it's because there's no ramifications for not paying me.

So, I'm left with the client already having the invoice, with no added on fee, how am I supposed to now, 45+ days later, get them to NOT pay the original invoice amount, and tell them to pay a new invoice with a higher amount? 

There needs to be a way to not only send nagging emails, but ones that are BACKED UP with added on fees, that we can control from the seller's end. I'd like to be able to tack on a percentage after 30, 45, and then 90 days and per day late fee. I would like this to be automatically added, just like you get your fee (Square), regardless of how late we get paid.

Sorry for this post, but I'm not very happy about this lack of service. You are doing quite well thanks to us sellers, we could certainly use some new features that help us recuperate our money from our work/services already performed/delivered.

Thank you, 

I would love to have the system automatically add storage/ late fees. We offer a generous 14 day storage policy on finished orders, but too many times vio-laters don't get the extra fees added like they should.

Beta Member

+1 on this request!

Beta Member

being able to automatically assign a late fee would be super helpful.  thank you