x

Can the TIP button be customized?

Can the TIP button be customized?

Can the tip buttons be customized? We are a non-profit that would like to add a donation button in lieu of TIP when people are signing.

20 Comments
Super Seller

currently, you can not customize the name of the tip.

We need this also.  How do we get this into consideration?

This is also something that would be useful for us as a non-profit.

I hope you consider it going forward.

I work for three non-profits. All of us could REALLY use this feature. Please let us know what we have to do to suggest this feature.

Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ArtWalkEdmonds! I went ahead and passed this thread over to our Product Teams for future consideration. In the event that this feature comes to fruition, we will be sure to update everyone here.

Thanks for adding your voice, here! 

We are a non-profit organization and we are also interested in customizing the Tip button. IN our culture we want to rename it to "Dakshina". It also means Tip but has a totally different perspective. It would be great have this changed/customized.

That would be so appreciated! We have events where volunteers run the square readers, and training them to ask for tips doesn't work. If it was something that just popped up like the tip screen, it would be perfect!

Agreed. We’re a non profit with 3 locations and 5 registers. This would be incredible. 

This is hugely important.  Nearly all of our visitors would add a tip to the transaction if prompted.  What is the progress on making this happen??  It seems as though it wouldn't be difficult to make the option a reality.  Presumably thousands and thousands of nonprofits use square and there are thousands and thousands of dollars that could come to us at to the company.

Square Community Moderator

Thanks for adding your voice to push for this feature, @avaspece. We don't have any shareable timeline for this currently, but hope to have some updates for everyone on this thread soon.

We will be sure to update everyone here when news is available. We really appreciate your patience!