x

Can you use the grid menu on square terminal?

Also will it print kitchen tickets? Can it be hooked directly to a printer and also use a ethernet printer. Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Super Seller Alumni

The Square Terminal does NOT support the grid menu....or if it does, I haven't figured out how to display it.

Message 2 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @ptf - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you again!

@jjgard is correct on this one. At this time, the Square Terminal does not offer the option to add a grid view for items. This has been a feature strongly requested by our Sellers, and we will update everyone should a change come down the pipeline.

In regards to your question concerning Ethernet, yes! - you can connect your Terminal directly through Ethernet and use the accessory hub to attach a printer. More on all of this here. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 6

When I first got my terminal it had the grid with favourites, but when it updated it disappeared, why cant it be changed

Message 4 of 6

Is there a way to change how products/categories are displayed on the Square Terminal item library?

I've got about a hundred products most of which I could probably sort into categories but right now the only way to find an item is scroll through the whole list, tap the tiny drop down to reduce that list or manually type in the search, all of which is very slow.

I'm wondering if there's a way to have an icon grid view option, either for the items or at the very least the category so it's quick to hit and narrow down my search.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @makercuber!

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. I've merged your post with an existing thread that will help answer your question. This is currently a feature request as the item grids are only on tablets, iPads, or the Square Register. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6