x
Beta Member

Capture Payment

I'm in great need to have the option to capture payments? Does anyone know of an workaround to this option as Square has told me they do not offer this. Most if not all square competitors have this option. I was very shocked that Square does not offer this feature. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Message 2 of 4
Super Seller

@Produceman What do you mean by capture payments?  Are you meaning to do an authorization pending completion of a sale?  Square does offer prior authorizations within the QR self code ordering system for like bars and restaurants.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

Thanks for replying. So want I looking for is when a customer placing an order the card payment is on hold until the order is complete. This option would not automatically capture the payment until I tell it too. Shopify offers this feature, I just simply don't want to leave square. 

I need this for my online ordering system for my produce company. I currently use Square for retail, do you think this is the problem?

Message 4 of 4