x

Cash Refund

If we accidentally click cash instead of card, should we refund?  or would that make the cash owed into system double?  what's the best option for that? 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I tend to refund the transaction to cash and then re-ring it for the credit card transaction.  This will make your end of day reporting accurate.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Best Answer

I tend to refund the transaction to cash and then re-ring it for the credit card transaction.  This will make your end of day reporting accurate.

Message 2 of 5

This happened to me a couple days ago. After searching, I concluded I should refund the transaction and placed the items back into stock. I re-rang the transaction and it was paid by card. The sales report for the day showed 3 transactions: 1 cash sale, 1 refund and 1 card sale. I thought everything was ok. Today I took a look at my cash drawer and discovered that the expected cash amount still included the cash transactions, but not the refund. This looks like a bug to me. How do I "fix" this? More importantly, if I accidently ring up another card transactions as cash, how to undo it properly the next time?

Message 3 of 5

An update: the scenario I described above just didn’t sit right with me and not willing to wait for a community answer, I contacted Support. It turns out that Square experienced a bug late on July 4th which did adversely affect me. My cash balance should not be out.

Message 4 of 5

When will I receive my refund please get back to me soon as possible thank you 

Message 5 of 5