x

Connect API get open tickets

Howdy. I'm trying to build a solution for my employer to track Square's "open tickets" over time to generate some business reports. Currently, I don't see any references to Open Tickets in either v1 or v2 of Square's connect API. I saw on a previous thread that there were plans to release this feature at some point. Has there been any progress on this? Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hey @stevenhelferich - Sorry for the delay in response here. Unfortunately, we don't have an ETA on if or when this might be implemented. However, we'll make sure to share your post with our Product team so that they can track feedback on it and we'll make sure to update you if we hear any news on it.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 2 of 11

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I'd love to hear back on plans regarding this as a potential feature for the API. Our org would gain a lot of value from the metrics we can build from that. 

In the meantime, is there a possible work-around in terms of logging from the POS app? That would get some of the benefit for us in the short(ish) term. 

Message 3 of 11

Hello,

Now, square api can deal with open tickets ? 

Also in zappier I see « new transaction » for the trigger event but not new ticket, it is possible to add this event to zapier ?

Message 4 of 11
Admin

@Michael-NC

You aren’t able to see open tickets via the API. You can create an order via the API, send the order to your POS, and update the order if you need. For info on sending an order to the POS app: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/orders-api/how-it-works#fulfillments

Also your question about Zapier - they create and manage the full integration with Square. 

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 5 of 11

Is it possible to create an unpaid order and take payment on the POS?  I'm trying to forward cash payments over to the square pos to take the cash from the customers

Message 6 of 11
Admin

Hey @Nabelops!

I checked in with our API Support Team, and they advised me that what you're looking for is currently a feature request. Sorry about that, but at this time there is not a way to create an unpaid order and then to take the payment on the POS. 

We appreciate your patience! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 7 of 11

Hi, we’re also looking to see if there’s any update on accessing tickets via the api. We’re completely blocked and unable to integrate with customers who use square since we can’t access their active tickets.

Message 8 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @troyemeyer - thanks for jumping in here and adding your voice to check in on this feature request! Looks like our API team doesn't have a shareable timeline as to when this feature will be implemented, but we hope to be able to jump back with some good news soon.

Thanks for hanging in there! 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 11

I'm having the same issue.  I need to view open orders.

I'm using the Square Restaurant App.

Is this a different situation or is there still not a way to view open orders with the Restaurant version of Square?

Thanks

Message 10 of 11
Beta Member

I am also waiting for this feature. As others have said, I need access to tickets to finish my work. I cannot properly set up online ordering for cash on pick up. I cannot fully integrate my own kds implementation. I also cannot use my order search and sort tool without all the data about orders.

Message 11 of 11