x

Change Due Screen

This has been asked before but the answer is not working.  All of a sudden the Change due screen when you put in the tender for cash transactions...only stays on the screen for a couple of seconds. I have never had this problem before.  The screen goes right to the new sale screen.  You have to look at the receipt for change due amount.  Prior forum discussion mentioned changing the settings on the IOS device but that doesn't work.  I even called Square support and got the same answer. Please help!!!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

That sounds strange @obxattitude, the change due screen should remain until you tap 'New Sale'.

When you have a chance can you go through these troubleshooting steps for the Point of Sale app? It's important to make sure you're using the latest version of the app on your device, but you may also need to delete and reinstall the app. Note: don't delete the app if you have taken payments in offline mode!

If the change screen keeps disappearing after you've gone through the troubleshooting steps please call our CS team again and they'll escalate this to our engineering team for you. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 7

Helen thanks for the advice. It works like it should now. I did one update to the app and that didn't work. Then uninstalled the app and reinstalled and that seemed to work. Thanks again!

Message 3 of 7

It's caused by "Skip Receipt Screen". You have to disable that.

Message 4 of 7

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Customer change

Is it possible to keep change due customer on register screen longer?

Message 5 of 7
Beta Member

Yes please, I would love to have the change due stay on screen till the kids click done , we go thru rolls and rolls of paper only due to the change ..... we just want kitchen ticket to print 

Message 6 of 7
Admin

@CHILLBILLY and @Tennille

I'm moving your post over to a thread where other Sellers have experienced this and some simple troubleshooting helped them discover there was an issue with the App being updated.

Reach out to our support team if you are still experiencing an issue with this.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 7 of 7