x
Beta Member

Draft Invoice not loading in Square/Invoices App. App crashes.

I created a Draft Invoice using the Square API but it's not loading in the Square or Invoices App. 

The app keeps crashing when I try to view the Draft Invoice. Is anyone else facing this issue? I reported this issue to Square Support team with no luck. They are non-responsive. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi @samN and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post over to the Developers & API board since you mentioned the API and our general sellers on the normal troubleshooting boards probably won't be able to help there.

I'll ask our API/Dev team if they can assist here and follow back up.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Hello again @samN,

I reached out to the API team and they said:

Currently, invoices created with the Invoice API only show when they are published in the Dashboard.

Ashley C
Message 3 of 7
Beta Member

Thanks for the update Ashley. If the Drafts don't show in the app, that defeats the purpose of creating a draft Invoice. I create a draft invoice automatically based on certain conditions. And wanted to have an option to view/edit/publish them from the Square/Invoice App without the need to open a browser window. Also, if drafts can't be viewed/edited from the App, there is no need for two sections under invoices - "Outstanding" and "Drafts".

Message 4 of 7
Beta Member

Hello Ashley, 

I am having trouble viewing invoices in the Square App and the Invoice App. The app keeps crashing. This is true for both drafts and published invoices. Can you please check? I want to post this question to the Developer API forum but my account is not approved for posting questions. 

System Details : Google Pixel 4XL running latest Android OS (Android Version 11)

Message 5 of 7

Hey there, @samN

Welcome back to the Community. 

What version of the Point of Sale & Invoices apps are you using? I would try updating or even deleting the app to help with the glitch you're seeing.

If this doesn't do the trick, please let me know & I will circle back. 

Thank you!

Kassi
Message 6 of 7
Beta Member

Hi, 

It's the latest version from the Google Play Store. I tried even the Beta Version 5.70b13. I have tried deleting an reinstalling the app multiple times with no luck. 

Thanks.

Message 7 of 7