x

Feature Request: Terms and conditions on payment

Have you guys made a way yet for us to have a ToS acceptance requirement on payments? Really need this please. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi @LGP! Welcome to the Community.

There's not a way for us to implement this for you but you can draft up a contract for your customers with your Terms and Conditions listed.

We have a Build Your Contract walkthrough we offer if you'd like to use that too. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 16

Request to implement please.

Message 3 of 16

Offering a check box acknowledging the customer has read the terms and conditions of the website prior to processing a payment is common practice for websites/credit card processors.

It provides YOUR customers with some layer of protection for liability and copyright protection. 

There is a way to implement it, you have developers! It's a small amount of text and check box. This request should be top priority.

Message 4 of 16
Alumni

Hi @Mo6,

We definitely understand how it could benefit your business model along with many other of Sellers. Our teams are constantly looking through these forums for feedback in order to make necessary improvements, and we will be sure to let you know if anything ever changes or if new updates are released.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 5 of 16

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Promote eGift Cards on Google 

That's great news! It seems Square can develop options to encourage more credit card users to buy but doesn't seem concerned about their customers with online stores begging for a terms and conditions check box prior to payment. Please, make it a priority. https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Point-of-Sale-API/Terms-and-conditions-on-payment/td-p/137843

Message 6 of 16

Hi there, @Mo6 👋 Thanks for adding your voice here on this thread! We are glad to hear you are excited about the Google promotion feature! We think it will go a long way in assisting our Sellers promote their business.

Also - this is the first time I've heard a request in regards to a checkbox for terms and conditions, and I think this is a a great idea! I'm going to push this over to our Product Managers for visibility. Should any news come down the pipeline, we will update everyone here.

Thanks, again!

Joe
Message 7 of 16

Hi @Joe  It was initially requested in Nov. 2019 here: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Point-of-Sale-API/Terms-and-conditions-on-payment/td-p/137843. The post and replies have a total of 558 views meaning others are looking for the feature also. Perhaps others reading this post will take the time to comment on the above link?

It can get exasperating taking the time to comment as for the most part it seems these requests are rarely implemented.

Offering a check box acknowledging the customer has read the terms and conditions of the website prior to processing a payment is common practice for websites/credit card processors.

It provides YOUR customers with some layer of protection for liability and copyright protection. I am grateful it will be pushed over to the Product Managers.

Message 8 of 16

This would really help my business to have this feature added. Please implement soon. 

Message 9 of 16

Welcome to the Community, @Kharalson

Appreciate you taking the time to add your voice to this Feature Request about payments. I can see how adding the Terms and Conditions would benefit your business. 

I am happy to get this over to our Product Team. When more information becomes available, one of our Community Moderators will post a Product Update with more information. 

Kassi
Message 10 of 16

Begging for this option!

Message 11 of 16

Thank you for adding your voice to this feature request, @Beautybubble @Herbwebb.

You can use Square Contracts, which can be attached to payments, Invoices and Appointments. Get started here. Please let us know how you go! 

Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

Me too!!

Message 13 of 16

Any news on this?! I'm now having trouble with previous customers and need this to be implemented ASAP

Message 14 of 16

When will this be implemented?  Terms and Conditions are crucial for businesses.   Is it being worked on? Is there an ETA?  We wanted to use the payment links for customers and we can't without a buyer acknowledgement option.

Message 15 of 16

Hey there @jackiericardo 

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature. I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 16 of 16