x

How do I add a customer facing ipad screen? This way he/she can add tip and sign w/out me handing

Tired of handing my ipad over so they can sign each time. Duplicate ipad on a stand would help with this.  Or am I doing iot wrong from the start?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

There is a Customer Display app available for the iOS world, but it is only for showing a running total of what is being sold in the transaction. The customer doesn't interact with it at all. If you're interested, this is something that needs to be enabled on your account, so email customer service and they will get it turned on. Once its enabled, you can download that app from the Square Beta website ; they will give you the DL code.

For what you're talking about, you still have to hand over your iPad. Even with the Square Stand, you have to spin the stand around so that your customer can sign.

If you want to upgrade to the Square Register however, the customer display there allows for customer interaction, including tips/transaction completion, loyalty enrollment, and receipt sending.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller Alumni

As a user of the Square Register, I can tell you that it works very well, especially with the ease of the customer facing display.

Judy T Shumway
Message 3 of 3