x

How to customize Square POS checkout screen when opening from other app using Point Of Sale API

Hello, here is the issue:

We connected custom iOS application with Square POS app on iPad. It works normal, as it should - orders are made in our custom app and completion of payment done in Square POS app, workflow is fine, both apps communicate with each other normally.

But there is one problem - If we disable all Payment Types in Settings of Square POS app because we want only payments to be made by Card Reader, it should show us Checkout screen without other options like: Cache, Manual Enter Credit Card, Manual Enter Gift Card etc.

But when we open Square POS app from our custom app to complete the purchase, it opens on Checkout screen with other Payment Types shown too, even if they are disabled in Settings.

Why is this so and how we can customize it?

Thanks for your help!

Message 1 of 2
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @jc108 and welcome to the Seller Community!

There is a field parameter called supportedTenderTypes that is used in the SCCAPIRequest when starting a transaction via POS API. ie if you just want card, you can do something like:

You can also get more information here: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/api/point-of-sale#sccapirequest

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @jc108 and welcome to the Seller Community!

There is a field parameter called supportedTenderTypes that is used in the SCCAPIRequest when starting a transaction via POS API. ie if you just want card, you can do something like:

You can also get more information here: https://developer.squareup.com/docs/api/point-of-sale#sccapirequest

Let me know if you have any other questions. 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2